I blog primarily over at "geosciblog" (http://geosciblog.blogspot.com), I am doing this one for fun. It is inspired by 30+ years of beer can collecting and having tried more than 3,000 different American beers during that time. “. . . And beer was drunk with reverence, as it ought to be.” — G. K. Chesterton

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Good Glass of Stout!

When I make any sporadic trips that pass through Athens, Ga., I make it a point to stop at ABC Package Store on the Atlanta highway (west side of town). The primary reason is that they have a selection of single 12 oz. microbrewery bottles. Not everything is represented in the "singles cooler", but I did pick up four new brands this last Saturday when I stopped there.

The first of those four brands that I have tried is Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout. I know it is still a little warm to be enjoying stouts and porters, but as I hadn't had a glass of stout in a few weeks, I gave it a try. After letting it warm to the proper temperature and then letting it breath in a "mixing glass", mistakenly referred to by some as a "pint glass", when 12 fl. oz. fills it to the rim.

I don't have the sense of smell nor the finely-tuned tastebuds to give you a detailed description of this ale, but I have tried enough different beers and ales, over the years, to say that this is a good one.

[I may add a link from BeerAdvocate later.]

Labels: ,

Comments:
Just browsing the internet. You have a very, very interesting blog. great blog.
 
I think I might have been a little too rough on Breckenridge Stout, I wish I had kept a bottle or two.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?