I blog primarily over at "geosciblog" (http://geosciblog.blogspot.com), I am doing this one for fun. It is inspired by 30+ years of beer can collecting and having tried more than 3,000 different American beers during that time. “. . . And beer was drunk with reverence, as it ought to be.” — G. K. Chesterton

Monday, May 07, 2007

Gonna Have to Build Some New Shelves for These Things

After resisting the temptation for a number of months, I have crossed over to the "dark side" and have started collecting the infernal 16 oz. aluminum beer bottles being produced predominantly by Anheuser Busch.

At 9 and 1/2 inches high, they don't fit any of my existing shelves and for that I "curse them", but their thicker walls allow for more striking graphics than aluminum cans. And as they have only been on the market for 2 years or so, I am sort of getting in on the "ground floor", keeping it as a trade-only habit, as I don't have the cash to drop on the rarer varieties. That keeps the fun a part of it.

[As I have to get to work, more will be added to this post later...]
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?