I blog primarily over at "geosciblog" (http://geosciblog.blogspot.com), I am doing this one for fun. It is inspired by 30+ years of beer can collecting and having tried more than 3,000 different American beers during that time. “. . . And beer was drunk with reverence, as it ought to be.” — G. K. Chesterton

Saturday, July 09, 2005

This is Why We Enjoy Brewpubs.


For the last few years, in January, the Bama Cannas Chapter of the Brewery Collectibles Club of America (formerly the Beer Can Collectors of America) hold a trade session at the Olde Auburn Ale House in Auburn, Alabama. When you have so many good varieties of fresh draft beer at hand, it is hard to wait until 11 or 11:30 AM to have your first beer. The show starts at 8:30 AM. Those are three long hours. And no, I don't have a pint of each. I enjoy a "sampler platter" in which each glass holds about a 4 oz. sample of beer. Then I enjoy a pint of my favorite. I am something of a hophead, so this day I had a pint of the IPA and the Hopdragon, but then I didn't have to drive.

If you are ever in the Auburn area, the brewpub is in the downtown area, a little off the beaten path, so you may have to call to get directions. It is worth a stop.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?